Connect with a technician
Use the session code provided by your technician for remote support to your computer.
- Send your own help request.
- Don't ask others to do it for you.
- Start a new email for a new request or issue.
Request specific subject lines like the following for better workflow and mangement.
- I can't open Outlook
- I cannot print from QuickBooks anymore
- I have a OneDrive file stuck in pending
- I need my Gmail password reset
- I need Adobe added to my computer
- I clicked a link in an email by mistake. Is it a problem?
- My computer is acting strange
Give as much information as you can and include the TechStar Asset Tag number (A1234) of the devices involved.
- For incidents involving systems that had been working, tell us the device and app that is having the problem and describe what is happening (or not happening).
- When requesting new services, be specific about what you need. Tell us the name of the application or the URL of the site you need access to.
- For password resets, tell us what account you want us to reset.
Your assistance is often needed to complete a task, so it's helpful if you provide a call back number and/or a time frame you are available to work with us.
Sometimes an issue can reoccur. If that happens you may search back through our email and send a response on the email that addressed the issue earlier. This is where you help yourself with clear request-specific subject lines.
If you are not into searching your old emails you are welcome to send a new email and state that the problem has happened before.
- Don't wait
Some issues can be tracked but only if we receive the request in a timely manner.
- Don't add others to the email.
Your support request email becomes a ticket in our ticketing system. Tickets can only be owned by a single individual. Adding others to the TO: CC: or BC: lines will not include them in the support process and will complicate communications.
- Don't request help and then vanish.
We often need more information on the problem and require your assistance to access the machine. TechStar can not access your computer without your permission.